Sushi inspired salmon with soy jelly and wasabi mayonnaise
This Japanese influenced dish works well as an appetizer or as a lighter lunch option.
- 8 slices FINN CRISP Original Sourdough Rye Thins
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi
- ½ cup soy
- ¼ cup gelatin
- 200g salmon
- 50g sugar
- 50g salt
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
This is how you do it
- Cut salmon into bars and cover with sugar and salt.
- Let stand for about 1 ½ hours.
- Cut the bread slices into three or four parts.
- Mix mayonnaise and wasabi together.
- Heat soy and add soaked gelatin, cool in the refrigerator until soy is gelatinous.
- Wash and dry the salmon bars carefully.
- Brush lightly with oil, and roast the salmon bars on a pan.
- Cool slightly and roll the salmon bars in seed mix.
- Wrap in foil.
- Cut the salmon bars into ca 3 cm thick slices and remove the foil wrapper after cutting.
- Put a slice of salmon on a piece of FINN CRISP Plus thin crispbread and garnish with wasabi mayonnaise and soy jelly.
Pssst... If you're a Pescetarian (only eat fish and no other meat) you can exchange the gelatin with a vegetarian alternative like agar.
You may also like